- "Climate Change Casino" set up in the City - with at least one police officer joining in!
- Climate Camp Day 2 live blog
- Climate Camp in pictures
- Labour Mayor of Lewisham condemns the camp as "patronising and selfish" ...
- ... whereas the local Lib Dem and Green councillors are supportive.
(photo by denny!)
- Corporate lobbyists sow doubt about science in their clients' minds. Climate Camp is teaching the skills to expose them.
- Contrary to popular belief, Climate Camp is not about fighting the police – it's about fighting climate change - the article I would have written yesterday if I hadn't been distracted by trying to make this point in the comments on LibCon.
- Revolting Peasants - Whitechapel Anarchist Group's version of their clash with police in the camp on Wednesday night.
- As a result of this, the WAG were politely asked to leave the camp, and the camp decided it would be less disruptive to meet with police outside the camp in future, given how many of its members are victims of police brutality. Click here to read their press statement.
Feminism links, via various people, but most of them from gavagai. Sorry if I've posted any of these before; between IRC, facebook, twitter and here it's sometimes hard to keep track what goes where.
- A Few Things To Stop Doing When You Find a Feminist Blog by Fugitivus, whose writing I am devouring at the moment.
- Misogyny: up close and personal on CiF, originally posted as The terrible bargain we have regretfully struck" on Shakesville. Delighted to see it on the Guardian, but I'd recommend not reading the comments.
- No more Mr. Nice Guy - analysis of the Sodini shooting by Kate Harding.
- Standing Out in the Crowd: on women in open source; and in a related note, click here if you feel like explaining to a clueless open source dude what that's like.
- Women in fiction: why more awesome women in fiction makes for better fiction as well as gender equality.
- 18th Century humour by the inimitable cavalorn. E.g. "AMERICAN: Yonder House is Tiny & we have Thrice its size at Home ENGLISHMAN: No doubt Sir for 'tis the BEDLAM-HOUSE."
- A giggle-worthy tale of Dragons, Knights, and the cancellation of Big Brother by John Q Publican
- Men at their most masculine: a photo-essay
- Inspirational Blind Photographers and their Portfolios